Make a Future Gift of Retirement Assets
Search For My Custodian:
|IRA web page|
|Notify us of your Beneficiary Designation|
Thank you for considering a beneficiary designation gift to us. The website link will take you to your retirement plan custodian's website, where you may be able to log in and include Luther Seminary as a designated beneficiary. Another option is to use the phone number to call your retirement plan custodian. They will assist you in updating your beneficiary designation. If you would like to notify us of your generous beneficiary designation, please complete the Notify us of your Beneficiary Designation section.
|Your Address (Street or P.O. Box)|
|Notify us of your IRA gift|
|Thank you for considering a IRA gift to us. A sample letter is available to send to your DAF provider. You may save and print the PDF of your letter. If you have email contact information for your DAF provider, you may send a PDF copy of your DAF letter or you may copy and paste the text into an email. You will need to enter the amount of your recommended grant and your DAF account number on the letter before mailing. If you would like to notify us of your generous gift, please complete the Notify us of your DAF Gift section.|
Beneficiary Designation Gifts
A beneficiary designation gift is a simple and affordable way to make a gift to support Luther Seminary. You can designate us as a beneficiary of a retirement, investment or bank account or your life insurance policy.
Benefits of a beneficiary designation gift
- Support the causes that you care about
- Continue to use your account as long as you need to
- Simplify your planning and avoid expensive legal fees
- Reduce the burden of taxes on your family
- Receive an estate tax charitable deduction
How a beneficiary designation gift works
- To make your gift, contact the person who helps you with your account or insurance policy, such as your broker, banker or insurance agent.
- Ask them to send you a new beneficiary designation form.
- Complete the form, sign it and mail it back to your broker, banker or agent.
- When you pass away, your account or insurance policy will be paid or transferred to Luther Seminary, consistent with the beneficiary designation.
Important considerations for your future
If you are interested in making a gift but are also concerned about your future needs, keep in mind that beneficiary designation gifts are among the most flexible of all charitable gifts. Even after you complete the beneficiary designation form, you can take distributions or withdrawals from your retirement, investment or bank account and continue to freely use your account. You can also change your mind at any time in the future for any reason, including if you have a loved one who needs your financial help.
If you have any questions about leaving a beneficiary designation gift to us, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you.
If you have already designated us as a beneficiary of an asset or as part of your estate plan, please let us know. We would like to recognize you and your family for your gift.
Your message has been sent.